Because shit’s about to get real, and lately, it’s been all about drumming up the hype.
- Don’t fix your teeth – yep, that vampire-ish teeth of yours is a trademark. But remember to brush them, because you don’t want to pull a Sheila Sommers. Case in point:
- Wear a compelling outfit. Your go-to solution could be a ‘Marilyn Monroe with a badass bandana’ T-shirt.
- Don’t promise and deliver. Under-promise and over-deliver, as Hillary Weiss brilliantly puts it.
- Be a better conversationalist. Video here. Celeste Headlee, you rule.
- Writing and design-wise, stick to this mantra: Style ≥ Skills
- Ditch your ego.
- Focus on the quality of your work AND your customer’s experience. #WordOfMouth
- Inject humour and whiplash wit in your work, but don’t take it too far. In short, don’t be a barfbag.